Do you want to have more fun with your family? Do you struggle to find ideas in your city or ideas that are cost effective? Read on, to find your adventure for this weekend! In part one of this series, I posted about how our family tries to go on a family outing at least once a week. Some of the outings cost money and some are very inexpensive. Some last all day and some just a couple of hours. These outings give us something to look forward to and create great family memories! Today, I am going to give you some tips on where to find activities that you and your family will enjoy. Let the adventure begin!
In a large city, there is usually no shortage of fun activities for families to find. However, even if you live in a small town, you will find many activities of all different price ranges to keep everyone entertained. Here are some places to look if you are at a loss for ideas.
- Look up your city online. Often, the Chamber of Commerce or city website will have a list of nearby activities.
- Look in your local newspaper. Many newspapers offer stories about events happening around town or interesting places to visit.
- Look up the parks and recreation website for your city. You may find parks nearby with swimming pools, camping, kid’s activities, classes, etc.
- Ask friends and neighbors for places nearby that they recommend.
- Trip Advisor has an app and a website where you can put in the name of your city and the site will show you restaurants and activities near you as well as ratings that other users have given the restaurant or activity.
- If you know of any minor league teams near you, check out their website for schedules and prices.
- Check out university or college campus websites, for activities. Most schools will offer sporting events, concerts, live plays, small museums, etc.
- If you find the website of an activity that you are interested in, many times, that website will have a page of links to other fun activities nearby. Attractions know that the more they can show people how much there is to do in an area, the more likely it is that tourists will stay the night and take advantage of several opportunities at once. Use this great information to find lots of awesome ideas!
- Look at brochures in local restaurants or attractions that you already visit. These will usually be in the front as you come into the restaurant or building and since they are designed for tourists, they will list activities you can find nearby and up to a couple of hours away.
Don’t give up trying to find activities that are in or near your town, cost effective and fun! I promise that the memories you make with your family will be worth the time you spend on this! What places or websites do you use to find great family activities in your area?
If you missed the first post, be sure and check it out here: